Hyperspace Dogfights review
1100 MB available space
Gameme.info is not an official representative or the developer of this application. Copyrighted materials belong to their respective owners
Hyperspace Dogfights Review
Hyperspace Dogfights is an app created by Sleeper Games. Hyperspace Dogfights was first published on . Hyperspace Dogfights is currently available for Steam.
Juicy CombatOut-boost your enemies, use gravity to your advantage and hyperspace-dodge through projectiles when things get too hairy.
Endless LootMake your jet stronger and stranger by gathering some of the 200+ currently available passive and active items. Use over 80 randomly modified weapons against your opponent, including aerial melee options.
Fierce OppositionEngage zone specific enemy types in air-to-air and air-to-ground combat. Confront 10 distinct bosses and try surviving beyond that in endless play. Master the base game, then push your piloting skills even further in 12 different challenge modes.
What do I do in Hyperspace Dogfights?
You fly a jet in a 2d environment and blow things up. You'll be given randomized goals in order to complete enemy waves. In-between waves you'll buy items that modify your jet in various ways. Zones end with random boss encounters. Difficulty is pretty harsh, you'll probably die a lot in the beginning. But each subsequent run will play out a little different. Throughout the game you'll unlock additional items to find on later runs. The game is fairly light on story, but you might piece together things through item descriptions and combat chatter.
- Juicy, impact-full and tense 2d air combat, framed in a weird sci-fi universe
- 5+ player jets to fly, all coming with 2 alternate starting loadouts to unlock
- 180+ different passive items, some providing simple bonuses, some completely changing how your jet behaves
- More then 80 sci-fi jet weapons, including beam weapons, explosives and aerial melee options
- Over 45 active items used for offense, defense or utility
- Strong focus on synergies and weird jet builds. Most items will interact with others, be it in positive and negative ways. All passives can stack with themselves.
- 7 zones with distinct enemy composition to explore
- 10 bosses to die against
- Various wave goals: Hunt ace pilots, raid ground targets, perform recon scans and more
- 12 late game challenge modes that can be freely combined with another
- Colorful pixel art, powered by the Pico8 16 color palette
- An adaptive soundtrack with combat and menu tracks, consisting of 14 tunes by ENUIT and Ole Toensen (available as dlc)
- Persistent unlocks with lots of items in the loot pool from the get go, but some things only unlockable through the endgame
- Finished runs can seamlessly transition into endless mode if you choose so
- Steam cloud save, cross platform
I found a bug?!?
We did a year long alpha but there is still the possibility that some things slipped through the cracks. Please report your findings in the steam forum or contact me on twitter or through the games' discord channel and I'll look into it.
<3 <3 <3
Stefan Widany – Sleeper Games